- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound chicken cutlets, cut into bite-size (1 1/2-inch) pieces*
- Cornflake crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the garlic powder and onion powder. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then coat with cornflake crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the coated chicken pieces in the oil on both sides until golden and crispy. Let drain on paper towels for a few minutes, then transfer the chicken to a baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce over the fried chicken. Bake the chicken, covered, for 20 minutes (do not over-bake). Spoon the sauce from the bottom of the pan over the chicken, garnish with the chives, if desired, and serve warm.