Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Sesame Chili Oil- 1 tbsp.
- Onion, diced- 1 medium
- Celery, diced- 2 ribs
- Garlic, minced- 4 cloves
- Lemon grass (I used a pre-made paste from a tube)- 1 tbsp.
- Crushed red pepper flakes- 1 tbsp.
- Low-sodium Chicken Broth, pre-made or your own- 6 cups/1.5 litre
- Canned Crushed Tomatoes- 1 cup
- Chicken Breast, diced into bite size pieces- 2
- Soy Sauce- 3 tbsp.
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves- 1 cup
- Chow Mein Noodles or any other Asian noodles or even spaghettini- 125 gr.
- Lime juice- from 1 lime
- In a large pot heat both oils, then add diced onions, celery, minced garlic, lemon grass paste, chilli powder and red chilli flakes and cook until soft over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, chicken, soy sauce, cilantro leaves and bring to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pot and cook according to package directions, mine took 5 minutes.
- Once the noodles are done, stir in lime juice and take off the heat.