- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- tomato sauce
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- chopped garlic
- Put some breadcrumbs on a plate mixed with chopped garlic and chopped basil
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and then dip the chicken in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs evenly coating it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the chicken coated in breadcrumbs on a greased frying pan, cook the chicken so it’s not pink on the inside
- Take an oven safe dish and put a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom and then place the chicken on top.
- Pour tomato sauce on top of the chicken and then layer sliced fresh mozzarella cheese on top and sprinkle on some shredded mozzarella cheese as well.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.