This recipe came from here:
- 1 ½ t chili oil (found near the Asian ingredients)
- ½ lb 95% lean ground turkey
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 24 wonton wrappers (found in the produce section)
- 5 T + 1 t of queso dip or salsa con queso
- 1 c guacamole
- 1 c chunky salsa
- 1 c reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Heat chili oil in a sauté pan or large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground turkey and taco seasoning and brown turkey, breaking it up with a spoon. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until warm.
3. Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of queso dip into each wonton wrapper and spread across the bottom. Follow by spooning some of the meat into each cup (using about half the total mixture) and then splitting ½ cup of the salsa evenly into each cup. Sprinkle about half the shredded Mexican cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
5. Spoon a dollop of guag on each taco cupcake
Yields 12 taco cupcakes.